22 of the world’s most amazing travel facts
Time to expand your worldly knowledge
1. France covers more time zones than any country on the planet.
2. Canada has over three million lakes. That’s 60% of the world’s total.
3. New York City is actually further south than Rome is.
4. Russia is bigger than Pluto.
5. Papua New Guinea has over 820 languages listed as being spoken in its country.
6. 99% of Libya is covered in desert.
7. Finland has almost 180,000 islands. More than any country on earth.
8. San Marino has more cars in its country than people
9. Only 4% of all the world’s languages are spoken by 96% of its population
10. In the 60 odd seconds you’ve been reading this article, 56 pieces of luggage have been lost, over 2174 people have arrived in a foreign country, and a quarter of a million dollars has been spent by Americans abroad.
11. The Isle of Sark, in between England and France, doesn’t have street lamps, cars, or outdoor lighting.
12. There is a town in Norway just called A.
13. . There is actually no land on the North Pole, only ice on top of the sea.
14. The total length of the world’s coastline is the roughly the same distance as the earth to the moon, 350,016km.
15. Ganvie in Africa is the country’s largest city built entirely on stilts
16. Every penny thrown into Rome’s Trevi Fountain is collected every day and donated to a number of charities.
17. The whole of China operates on Beijing time, even though the country covers five time zones.
18. Roughly 64,640 selfies are taken around the world every minute.
19. Iran is home to the second oldest tree on earth, it is 4000-years-old.
20. The world’s busiest airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta, USA.
21. Dubai owns 20% of the world’s cranes.
22. The city of Monaco is smaller in size than Central Park in New York City